[OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:45:45 -0600
Black bears are probably more dangerous than grizzlies because people do
take them for granted. I've had them tree me three times but only had to
shoot one. I've never seen a griz while in the back country and usually the
black bears will smell a person and leave. I find that if I'm prepared for
the bad incident it doesn't happen.  /jmac