[OM] Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:48:40 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> I think you are probably over gloomy about the situation, Garth. No
> government is going to put its airlines out of business. The tail
> doesn't wag the corporate dog.

Oh, I've constantly underestimated the stupidity of officialdom most of
my life, and have always been unpleasantly surprised.  I've only
recently smartened up.  Since the general public will put up with almost
any level of inconvenience these days, and no one will demand that --
instead of indiscriminately screening everyone -- the security
precautions get smarter, more assertive and less politically correct,
I'm pretty much assured that air travel's becoming almost a non-starter
for me in the future.  I'm going to tell my relatives in Normandy that
this is probably the last time they'll ever see me (some of them are in
their late 70s), unless transAtlantic ship travel gets quantitatively
better and less expensive.

Garth