[OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question

Subject: [OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:36:26 -0700
I admit I have trouble understanding some of it, but I don't think
what you said about the monitor being an sRGB device is accurate.
Even in your article reference at Cambridge he says,

"All of these extra colors in Adobe RGB 1998 are great to have for
viewing on a computer monitor, but can we actually reproduce them in
a print?  It would be a shame to edit using these extra colors, only
to later retract their intensity due to printer limitations."

So it sounds as if a monitor is perfectly capable of reproducing
Adobe RGB 1998.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA