[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #27

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #27
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:29:52 -0800
Michael Wong wrote:
> For the picture, I selected the wooden bridge and the highest 2 trees
> for the contrast of composition. The wooden bridge leads readers' eyes
> to the trees. The shadow of trees at the river increases the interest
> for the photo. Of course the interest points are the woman & the dog.
> It was my thinking while I took this picture.

I can see where you are going with this composition, and I rather like
it. I think some post processing and a crop can strengthen it.

I also see the point of those who have commented on complexity in the
composition being possibly confusing. That tends to happen when a shot
includes more than one "sub-composition". That doesn't mean one
shouldn't do it, but being aware of it can help in choosing compositions.

More comments and some visual illustrations
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/MWong/IMG1862.htm>.

Moose