[OM] Re: Ribbit

Subject: [OM] Re: Ribbit
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
> That's why it was almost universally panned by reviewers and why
> there'll almost certainly never be an E-350. I cannot believe how
> much people hated it, despite the fact that it was clearly
> excellent.

Olympus has a long history of introducing an outstanding camera
design and then discontinuing it.  The C8080 comes to mind, for
example.  The E-330 is really a sweet camera and in person, really
not that bad looking.  When I think of UGLY, I think of Kodak's
"Cyclops" cameras.

> Got a test E-410 2 lens kit today. Looks cute. Live Preview (note
> Preview, not View) works well but the delay is soooo irritating.

Interesting.  One thing about the E-330 is that the choice of
live-views gives you the ability to have a fast-response camera AND
use the live view.

> Nice that they fitted in a CF slot as well but that's a small
> battery. Same size as a Fuji F10 battery!

That is an issue for me.  I'd like to use a common battery whenever
possible.  I've got three BLM-1 batteries already.

AG

 a little couch potato?