[OM] Re: E-3 problems.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 problems.
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:41:52 -0500
On 1/9/08 8:15 PM, "Michael Collins" <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't have an xD card to play with...

I take that back, I just found some xD cards (128s and 64s).

Experiment 1:
- load the E-3 with xD only
- verify the camera's CF/xD setting: xD [menu item dimmed: can't change]
- capture an image
- remove the xD card and try it in the Mac's SanDisk card reader
---> OK, got the image
- insert CF
- verify the camera's CF/xD setting: it's now CF [can't change]
- capture an image
- remove the CF card and try it in the Mac's card reader
---> OK, got the image
- verify the camera's CF/xD setting: it's still CF [can't change]

Experiment 2:
- load the E-3 with xD and CF
- select xD as default
- capture an image to the xD card
- remove the xD card
- verify the camera's CF/xD setting: it's now CF [can't change]
- capture an image
- remove the CF card and try it in the Mac's card reader
---> OK, got the image
- verify the camera's CF/xD setting: it's still CF [can't change]

So I don't think you can "lock in" the xD setting and then have problems if
only a CF card is inserted - it knows what's present, and switches
automagically.

Happy to perform additional tests if there are other suggestions...

Michael