Re: [OM] Flash - was RE: *(^&*%^^$%$@ verticals

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash - was RE: *(^&*%^^$%$@ verticals
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:11:00 -0800
When trying to light up a room using multiple remote T32 flashes set to auto
the interaction was generally not a problem. I'm attempting to get very flat
lighting. Imagine two T32s are used to cover a single wall each trying to
expose the wall to the same value. If light from one causes the other to
output less light that is fine since the sensor saw the desired amount of
light.

The missing key in my earlier post was that I was using an E-1 set to manual
exposure. The desired amount of light wasn't being changed by the camera.

So although the remote flashes were set to automatic the actual logic is
quite consistent with Dr. Flash's mantra of use manual. The difference is
that the sensor is what is deciding that the setting is correct for the
desired f5.6 rather than a calibrated knob.

-jeff