Re: [OM] IMG: Art

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Art
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 00:27:13 +1200
Chuck wrote

> Must be a later version since I've never heard of "Blend-If" sliders. But
> it's about time to move up to version 5 from version 3.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> Bob Whitmire wrote:
> > Although I've not mastered the technique, I'm now aware of it: the
> > Blend-If sliders in Photoshop. They permit you to apply effects to
> > certain tonal ranges, either in the layer you're working on, or the
> > layer beneath it. A good tool for the inevitable halos that appear,
> > especially in the upper tonal ranges.
> >
> > --An Aware But Hamfisted Bob
> > www.bobwhitmire.com

I use Photoshop extremely seldom as FastStone Image Viewer  does most
things to images that I want to do, about 100 times faster and much more
simply.

But the version of Photoshop I have on my machine is the one that was
installed on it when purchased second-hand on an auction site (and was
one reason for buying this specific machine), is Version 7, © Adobe
Photoshop 1990-2002.

Do I infer from this that my "old" version 7 is in fact more recent than
versions 5 and 3 mentioned above?  Somehow I doubt this.

Is there two series of versions?

Brian Swale