Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:17:33 -0500
It's really not that bad if you're familiar with some basic PhotoShop
operations.  I tried to use lots of explanatory text since I don't know
what level of knowledge Ian has re PhotoShop.  Probably not much here
since most of the steps involve layers and masks which he says he
doesn't know.

To simplify the description of what's going on:

The image is sharpenend and then all of the sharpened image is hidden.
Then, using the paint brush selectively, only the desired parts of the
sharpened image are revealed which accentuates the eyes, lips, etc.  The
unpainted parts retain their original sharpness level.

In the next part a similar process if followed except that blurring is
used to obscure or soften wrinkles and other skin blemishes.  The entire
image is blurred, the blurred image is hidden and then the paintbrush is
used again to reveal only the desired parts of the blurred image.  The
unpainted parts retain their original unblurred appearance.

Does that work without making your head spin.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt