Re: [OM] (OM) OT image stitching / panoramas

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT image stitching / panoramas
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:07:42 -0700
>    I would assume the camera reduced the exposure on the left to try and keep
> the brightness the same as on the right.
Don't know why you would assume that. The camera makes the exposure
based upon available data. I don't think the technology is quite able to
anticipate what I'm going to do a few frames in the future :)

Think of it this way. I'm compressing the dynamic range by shooting in
AP mode. With no blinking blown areas it's actually easier for the
software to blend the image. The entire image is shot and blended
similar to a multi-image HDR.

Mike