Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 23:16:43 +1200
Chuck wrote:
> The Rosewill *eSATA* card is SATA I (I=1.5 GB/s, II=3.0, III=6.0).  But
> even SATA I is very much faster than USB 2.0.  The USB and eSATA
> connections cannot be used at the same time on the Therlmaltake drive
> dock.  But even when the USB connection is used USB does not provide the
> power and you must still use the external power adapter.  Although USB can
> power some 2-1/2" drives it wouldn't be able to power all of them and
> certainly not a 3-1/2" drive.
>
> Good luck.  I'm traveling the next several days and my email checking and
> response is likely to be very sporadic.

(snip)

Thanks very much Chuck. I needed the detailed info.
It looks as though all my purchases will have to be electronic. My local
store(s) doesn't sell even hard drives. None of those cables either.
Not really surprising as this is a quite small community of no more than
(guessing, 4,000 souls of all kinds)

So I will need to be ultra-careful about descriptions etc.

The Thermaltake  pictures are not informative on important details.

Brian Swale