Re: [OM] Publication rights question

Subject: Re: [OM] Publication rights question
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:45:11 -0400
I believe it's called "work for hire". I quit writing a newspaper column for
the paper I used to work for when the New York Times Co. decided that all such
material was then and forevermore property of the New York Times Co., and if
for some (odd) reason I wanted to edit my columns into a larger volume, I had
first to get the rights back from them.

My exact words to the editor who delivered this news to me were, "No offense to
you, Joy, but tell the New York Times to go fuck itself."

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal