Re: [OM] Olympus Flash Cube Accessory?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Flash Cube Accessory?
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:18:55 -0500
Dan Lau wrote:

> I just ran across this little item on our favorite place, it
> even has a picture to go with it.  The description said:
> "This is an Olympus flash cube accessory that connects to
> the hot shoe on a camera.

I think on some SLR's, a flash cube will sync all the way up to 1/1000.
The filaments within the bulb are incinerating throughout the shutter
travel, no matter how narrow the slit.  (Consequently, the higher the
shutter speed, the lower the flash GN.)  My Konica Autoreflex T2, with
an "M" flash terminal, will allow this.  I'm pretty sure my OM-1 with
its never-used "FP" terminal, will not.  It should be in the OM-1 manual
wether or not a cube flash will get you anywhere over 1/60.

Morgan Sparks