Re: [OM] Perils of using non-Olympus lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Perils of using non-Olympus lenses
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:20:15 -0500
The screw heads on the mounts of some non-Olympus lenses will pass over
the small "Auto Clear" button on the mount of the OM-4/4t.  If the screw
head is recessed and/or the hole isn't "beveled", it may shear off the
point of the AC switch so that the camera doesn't know there's a lens
attached -- presto, no spot metering, etc.

The easy solution is to first check and see if any screw heads pass over
the AC switch (align the lens like you were mounting it, but hold it an
inch or two away and rotate like you would to attach it -- see if any
screws would pass over the AC switch).  If so, either fill that screw
head with epoxy, or bevel the edges with an X-acto-type knife so the
button slides down into the hole then back up the other side.