[OM] Re: [OT] was: Backpack/case question, now Lat/Long ramblings...

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] was: Backpack/case question, now Lat/Long ramblings...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:39:16 -0700
At 09:27 AM 11/25/2002 -0800, Rob Jackson wrote:

>Cool. Just my rampant curiosity and slow memory double-teaming me. ;-)

You can use MapQuest to find your own lat/long, just by entering the lat/long
pair of the closest city/town/village/whatever you live to, and then entering
corrections (usually in seconds only) until you've pretty much nailed your
location.

Using the above technique, I discovered my lat/long as 53:30:20N, 113:30:24W.
Unfortunately, these MapQuest values usually don't agree with their GPS
counterparts, so I have no idea how accurate they are...

Garth