[OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:35:12 -0700
PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service wrote:

>Oh, no!  Another "AB" fanatic?!  I've got all the DVD's, and the tivo is set
>to record every episode!

I'm not too bad. One of my sons is the fanatic in the family. We do
watch him pretty regularly here, as much for entertainment as cooking
knowledge. I get a lot of geat ideas and info from his show. On the
other hand, he occasionally does terrible things to food. His 'LBT'
salad versoin of a BLT is pretty crackpot and he did terrible things I
can't approve of* to artichokes. there are a few others, but I don't
really hold them against him.

>Hey, Bill -- you should see the episode where Alton smokes salmon in a
>cardboard box, "Where There's Smoke, There's Fish".

The episode on the shrimp boat is great too.

>Or "Scrap Iron Chef", a take-off on junk yard wars and Iron Chef, where he
>builds a cold smoker out of an old locker.

An all time favorite.

>Then there's the one where he uses an old ironing board
>to make ravioli on.  I'm wondering when he's going to use an OM-1 with a
>Motordrive 1 to make whipped cream!  ;^)

Well, he does claim to prefer multi-tasking tools, so maybe.............

Moose

* Sticklers' version (assuming there are more than one, to get the
apostrophe correctly placed): "of which I cannot approve" :-)