[OM] Re: Slide copying with Olympus E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Slide copying with Olympus E1
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:33:12 +0800
Moose, thanks for sharing, I don't use Vuescan too much, only in the case
NikonScan give far from normal results. With NikonScan most of the time I
only need a small adjustment (but it never right with straight scan).
Vuescan always gives low contrast picture but adjustment is not that
difficult too.

Of course I'm not going to make product shoot so absolute color accuracy is
not important to me, in case I need I prefer to use my DC and include a grey
chart in my shot for post adjustment. But the IT8 is very interesting
though, it provide the possibility to reduce the post adjustment work to
zero.

I'm a bit hesitate to use calibration target on my E-1, same reason as you
mentioned about the slide character, once calibrated its character will be
override. Having used both E-1 and 10D I'm pretty sure there are very
different calibration between them, which could be designed to suit
different people's preference. And of course I like the color and tone of my
E-1 much more :-)

C.H.Ling