[OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II

Subject: [OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:42:08 +0100
On Mon, 09 May 2005 03:41:40 -0700, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Moose wrote:
>
> On my recent trip, I took a few images with both OM-4 and 300D with the
> same subjects <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/FvD02.htm>.

I'm not sure we don't all see what we want to see in these, and we can
argue endlessly about materials and techniques used.

My tuppence worth is that the digital images remind me of those portraits
of actresses and music (?) divas of the modern era, which look like they
have skins of peaches and cream, maybe applied with a small trowel. AG may
be right that it's NR in action. It's characteristic of digital images,
and, if you like that sort of thing, better.

I don't particularly care for it, but then I am also a Luddite.

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com