[OM] Re: [OT] -- can anyone help me identify these flowers (and a coupl

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] -- can anyone help me identify these flowers (and a couple birds?)
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:35:35 -0500
At 11:24 AM 5/12/2005, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>Lizard -
>#60 - Brown Anole, Anolis sagrei.

In a note to Tom I told him it was most likely an Anole (less likely a
Gecko).  Didn't know which kind though.

# DSC_0254:
Blossom is Anthurium.
The lizard appears to me to be a Gecko (cannot see snout well).

At 07:58 AM 5/12/2005, Charlie Geilfuss wrote:
>Tom,
>         D2 appears to be a type of Azalea. It's a flowering shrub in the
>Rhododendron family. Very popular in SE United States. They explode with
>dense clusters of flowers in early Spring.

I identified it as that also . . . we've got Mount St. Helen variety
blooming all over our gardens right now and they're nearly identical in
color . . . "exploding" is a good characterization of how they bloom!

Other flora:

D2X_0620: Marigold (variety ??)

DSC_0286: Looks like a variety of Chrysanthemum (member of Daisy family) .
. . there are so many varieties and hybrids of these . . . it may be
something closely related.

MN47:  A variety of Lily . . . my best guess "Star Gazer" or another
closely related type.  There are many varieties and hybrids of these as
well.  We've got Day Lilies in our front courtyard . . . won't blossom
until Summer though.

Some of the others I've never seen before and a few I could SWAG at best.

-- John Lind