[OM] Re: Magnum photographer shooting war with Olympus digital P&S

Subject: [OM] Re: Magnum photographer shooting war with Olympus digital P&S
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:42:19 -0500
At 09:34 PM 6/5/2005 +0800, you wrote:

>Don't know if this has been mentioned before:
>
>http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6468-7844
>
>Wow! I have both C5050 and C5060, may be I need a C8080 too :-)
>
>C.H.Ling

I think if you like the C5060, you'd love the C8080.  The LCD doesn't flip
as profoundly, but it still comes up and works well as a waist-level
finder.  And of course the EVF allows you to do precise composition.

Thanks for posting the link.  It's not surprising that a young pro like
that would be all about challenging a few assumptions.  My only complaints
about the C8080 is that the zoom moves too jerkily and RAW is not well
supported both in the camera and in post-processing.

I believe that Wrotniak has an article on using MyModes in the C5050 to
pre-set focus and stop at various focal lengths for hyperfocal distance to
make street shooting even easier.  That one's my to-do list for the C8080.

Joel W.