[OM] Re: Q: Split Filters with the E-system

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: Split Filters with the E-system
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:32:25 -0600
On 1/21/06, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Graduated isn't split - I had some split focus filters.
> The general rule is that it's better to do it in front of the lens
> than in front of the screen, if you know how. Doing it in two shots
> tends to look as if it's been faked, unless you are very, very good.
> The different exposures elicit different responses from a film or a
> chip, I suspect.
> Two minutes attaching and setting up with a grey grad or an hour in
> Photoshop - hmmmm, that's a tough choice.
> AndrewF

I bend to your correction.  I call them "split" because half the
filter is clear and the other is grad ND.  Other than PL and UV, it's
the only kind of filter I use and so it's the only one that's split
around here.

I agree with you.  I don't find them that hard to set up and use and
don't love Photoshop that much.

Joel W.