[OM] Re: Sunrise this morning in Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Sunrise this morning in Grand Junction
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 02:38:04 -0700
Candace Lemarr wrote:
> These are cropped...I kept trying to get rid of more of the cars and
> road, but then I lost more of the sky.
This confuses me. Are you trying to keep the proportions of the cropped
image the same? Otherwise, you just crop off the bottom, without losing
any sky.
> ...Moose will have a go at these? :-D

Not all that much to do. Mostly, I cropped the bottoms and darkened the
foreground that was left. I left in a subtle amount of natural looking
detail in the foregrounds. As long as I was in there, I spiced up the
skies a little, but I'm not sure they needed it
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Candace/Sunrise1.htm> .
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Candace/Sunrise2.htm>
> BTW, they are straight from the camera (aside from cropping) there's
> been nothing done to them.

Something I find with my pics is that some are ready to go right out of
camera or scanner while others taken at pretty much the same time and
place, but with different subjects, may benefit from a lot of work.

Moose