[OM] Re: euro OM service (was Re: Troublesome OM1)

Subject: [OM] Re: euro OM service (was Re: Troublesome OM1)
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:02:10 +0000
Luton Camera Repair Services is an excellent shop :)
I bought my Camedia C150 from there brand new and cheaper than on eB*y. I
also bought some film there. I live approx 200 miles North of the shop - but
if I ever need an Oly camera repaired, that's where I'll take it.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: euro OM service (was Re: Troublesome OM1)
>Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:51:09 +0100
>

>I can second your comments on Luton, as they helped me out twice with OM
>parts. They were helpfull, and prices seemd fair. I have no experience with
>their service, but seriously consider taking my custom there if I'd need
>service for one thing or the other.
>In the Netherlands I know a repair shop that I'd not recommend, based on
>experience.
>
>Bart
>

>On 11/14/06, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > I have two suggestions Priit:
> >
> > Hamburg has been for many years the Olympus Europe main office, and is
>the
> > base for Frank Timmann, who (like John H) was once an Olympus tech, but
> > now
> > runs his own shop, claiming to have 34 years experience with OM cameras.
> > His new address is Billstedter Hauptstr. 67, 22111 Hamburg Tel: (+49) 40
> > 65045836 I do not have any first hand experience of his work, but do
>know
> > that he has a good reputation.
> >
> > In UK I have always used Luton Camera Repair Services without either
> > problem
> > or cause for complaint.  Their main location is 49, Guildford Street,
> > Luton,
> > Bedfordshire, LU1 2NJ Tel: (+44) 1582 458323 Others will have different
> > recommendations!

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!