[OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out

Subject: [OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:55:21 -0600
On 2/22/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel Wilcox wrote:
> > On 2/22/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >> .. I know you roll your own code, although I don't know why.
> >>

> > Because I don't want to start from scratch.  I also enjoy it a little
> > bit when I'm rolling some code.  It also forces me to think about the
> > images I put out there since it's not as easy as just uploading a
> > bunch of images to create a web page.  It requires a little bit of
> > effort and forethought.  Just because it is easy to create a gallery
> > of 100 images doesn't mean one should do it.
> >
> Different strokes. Since I individually prepare every image for a
> gallery, I've already spent lots of time with them. I don't the feel the
> need to spend a lot more time coding when I can have an app spin up the
> gallery. If my galleries remind you of those of folks who just put up
> every shot they ever take just because it's there, that's just
> incompetence on my part as photographer, bu I did think about it and try.

Whoa, Moose, please don't take my remarks personally.  I'm sorry but I
don't have any impression whatsoever of your galleries or how many
images they contain.  When you post something, I look at it with
interest, but I'm just focused on the photos and I move on.  I've
looked at a ton of photos by great folks on the list and I have almost
no lasting impression of what they have going web-wise.  That's just
me.

Some people seem to like Flickr.  I can't stand it.  I look at one
photo if the link goes properly to it and then I go away.  I feel like
I'm standing at the threshold of a vortex of web goo.  This ain't
about you.

Peace,
Joel W.