[OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:51:14 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Wow. Good story. Nothing so exciting in mine.
>
> I recently opted for gas mileage with a Honda Civic coupe. While it
> does what I want being a decent road car and getting 36+ mpg on trips
> I do miss the thrill of the Subaru. I thought their advertising
> comparisons to Porsche engineering were really cheeky, but not so far
> fetched to me now. Too bad the new one seems to be a dud if the
> reviews are to be believed.

I haven't had the chance to drive one of the new ones yet - will
probably do that next time I bring mine in for service.

That boxer engine is sweet and smooth.  There are times when the
temperature is right and you're sitting at idle that you can barely feel
or hear it.  And it's still smooth on acceleration.

My wife's car is a Honda Insight hybrid.  That's the travel car --
anytime we go on a driving vacation or further than about 40 miles, we
pile into the Insight.  As much as I love my car, at times it's hard to
argue 52mpg against 26.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon