[OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters

Subject: [OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters
From: Amin Sabet <asabet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:53:39 -0800 (PST)

I'm pretty good about using a hood and avoiding impact.  The filter would be
there mainly to protect the lens from me and my OCD, which makes it almost
irresistable for me to clean the front element more often than I ought to do
so.  I'd hate to wipe the MC off my OM primes.  Would this filter cause any
noticeable degradation of image quality with the 40/2 prime? ->
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/11987-REG/B_W_66070201_49mm_UV_Haze_010.html

This is a religious issue.  If you're like Bob Whitmere and take photos
of the raging ocean while standing in the surf spray then you should
probably have some lens (and other) protection.  But if you're just
trying to protect the glass from accidental impact you'll be *much*
better off with just a good lens hood.