[OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:50:45 -0500
I don't know about Nikon's digital cameras. Neither the D70 or my Kodak 14n
are claimed to be weathersealed so I have not braved the rain with them, but
I also have a Nikon F4, a 35mm SLR. I bought it new in 1994 and it has been
taken out many times in hard rain with no covering on it or the 50mm f1.4
AF-Nikkor that was usually used. I never had any moisture get in the lens,
nor did any pass through the non-gasketed lens mount into the body. The body
never gave any trouble from water getting in around the shutter realease or
other controls. Its never been serviced or CLA'd and works fine 14 yrs after
I got it.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design