[OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:21:23 -0500
At 10:32 AM 11/11/2008, you wrote:

>For high ISO, the E-3 perform very well and it has IS too. But for AF it is
>still a big issue, not for the sensitivity but for the errors. I believe the
>E-30 will solve the AF problem as you can calibrate 20 lenses.
>
>C.H.Ling

Well, I did not hang onto the E-1 set I had, so it would be stretch to
now migrate back to Olympus given my investment in the Borg system.
Seems Oly is finally catching up. I have my eye on the micro-4/3's.
I'm still looking for a good small camera system, something like an OM...
And especially if there is a good underwater housing for it. I'm still
looking to replace my C5060 for underwater photography. Live
view would be perfect for underwater shooting.

My E-1 would get really hot if I shot 30+ raw pictures in a row. Then
the camera would just lock up and not operate until it cooled down.
I'm sure if you baby it just right, you can get great pictures. I did not
have a great experience with Oly service either. I hope they have
turned things around since then.

The main complaint with my Borg camera is that my hand can get
tingly and numb after continuous shooting. The Borg seems to put a
lot of stress on particular forearm muscles back near the elbow.
The muscles that goes to the middle and ring fingers. Once that
tightens, it migrates up to the wrist, then my hand starts to tingle.
The E-1 ergonomics are very good in comparison to my Borg.

WayneS