Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??

Subject: Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??
From: "Rand E." <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:11:20 -0500
Ron,
  Here in my area of the US (Baltimore-Washington,DC) they advertise
both eyes done for $2,995.  You drive in and an hour later YOU drive
home, and they guarantee 20/20 results.  In most cases, including yours
(and mine), they only use the laser on the top layer of cells.  These
later fall off and the new layer below has the proper curvature for
20/20 vision.  This is a layman's description on the basis of the video
tapes they play in their waiting rooms.
Rand E.