Re: [OM] I might jump off the OM ship..

Subject: Re: [OM] I might jump off the OM ship..
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:29:25 -0700
Albert wrote:

Moose.. took your advice, and got the meter checked... WAY OFF.. also, shutter was a bit slow..

I had the meter adjusted. My meter was off... by 1 stop (low) on the high shutter speed side, and 2 stops high on the low shutter speeds..

Hey, that's great! And it explains the inconsistent over/under problems.

Good exposure. So I'm fairly happy..

What would it take to make you really happy?

My slides are still missing a bit, + or - an f-stop sometimes, but that might be me, not understanding light (yet).

Yeah, but now, with an accurate and consistent meter, you will be able to follow the good advice many have given on manual adjustment for particular kinds of exposure situations and get on top of it fairly quickly and easily. I mean, no wonder it was confusing you, with the meter off be varying amounts at different settings.

Moose