[OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird

Subject: [OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 20:29:52 -0800
Ian Nichols wrote:
> I've never really had any problem with holding a camera in portrait
> format, film or digital, so the extra release button & dials on the
> new HLD-4 seemed like something I'd be unlikely to use.
If you're weird, I'm at least halfway there.

Aside from the other issues that have some folks now rolling their
eyes...  I too have never found any difficulty in taking portrait format
shots by simply turning the camera and keeping my fingers in their
normal positions for their usual picture taking functions. Feels
perfectly natural.

Yes, I have used a camera (non-Oy) with add-on battery box cum auxiliary
control box for vertical format, although only for a few days. Hated the
add-on box aspect of it. All it did from my experience was make the
camera bigger, heavier and clumsier.

Moose