[OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird

Subject: [OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:11:21 +0000
On 07/01/2008, Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> > This would be better -
> > http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=23
> > - but I suspect some kind of holster arrangement would be best.
>
> Yes, that's definitely better for the larger load.
>
> This looks interesting for holding the camera close to the chest with a
> more "normal" or less-weighty wide lens:
>
> http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=58&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=

My usual method is a standard type camera strap, one with a large
padded bit that goes over one shoulder, with both ends joined by a
small carabiner.  I put a keyring one one of the camera lugs and hook
the carabiner onto that.  Doesn't quite solve the swinging about
problem, but makes the camera sit near a hip where it can be steadied
with one hand whilst walking.  Plus it can be attached & released
fairly quickly.