[OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters

Subject: [OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:20:24 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> This is a religious issue.  If you're like Bob Whitmere and take photos
> of the raging ocean while standing in the surf spray then you should
> probably have some lens (and other) protection.

  Also, some subjects also come with their own risks to the lens:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/temp/filter1.jpg

  That's with the 11-22 -- here's one with the 7-14, which is even more
damage-prone because with that perspective, I tend to be closer to the
subject:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/temp/filter2.jpg

  Yes, I then did spend some time cleaning spitty biscuit bits off the
front element. (I suppose, given after that there was nothing visible on
the lens, I should learn to relax more..)

  Then again, there's more lens-damaging things in the world than
half-eaten biscuit:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Cats/Popo&image=P7035144.jpg

  -- dan