[OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the water/presidential rant

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the water/presidential rant
From: Scott Peden <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:48:34 -0700
The President can't be C in C, without Congress giving the authority to
have an 'armed conflict', in the first place.

In the case of Viet Nam (all of Regan's dirty little wars in Central and
S America, etc, Bosnia, and et. al.) and the current profitable fun and
games in the middle east, congress just doesn't declare war, as then war
crimes and war profiteering charges could be levied against contractors
that supply shoddy or substandard work and or over charge or charge for
services not delivered.

Bush had to get approval from Congress to go into the Middle East, John
Kerry (D) wrote the Iraq War legislation, so  that makes it a partisan
effort, doesn't it? When I check voting records, when it takes a 2/3rds
majority to go to war, no  matter who instigated it, the following of
congress persons is always pretty high.

Feel free to have a gander though these pages.
http://www.votesmart.org/official_congress.php