Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:31:07 -0400
Good point John, but when do you use this procedure much any more?  I
experimented with taking some photos of a Wizard A (dry plate 4X5 folding
box camera) this afternoon.  Instead of using TTL I set the T20 and T32 on
auto and set the intensity to give a two stop difference between them.  I
made sure (by looking at the scale) that the flashes were placed at the
correct distances.

I placed the Wizard on a translucent white plastic with the T20 underneath
and the T32 in an umbrella to the right and slightly behind the Wizard.
Then I bracketed and used a 90mm macro, 70mm (Tokina ATX zoom), 50mm and
24mm lenses to try for different perspectives and dof.  Then I started all
over with a clear piece of plastic under the Wizard.

I just don't use the guide numbers much any more.  Before TLL metering I had
to correct for filters, magnification ratios, night photos etc., but seldom
even think along those lines now.  Now I just choose the correct body
(meter) and film for the light and lenses and situation I plan on shooting

Gregg

From: John A. Lind