Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...

Subject: Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:23:18 +0100
A friend who used to be a navigator on F4s told me that Concorde was the only true Mach 2 "target" that they could find to practice Foxbat tactics against. It fulfils the characteristics of the "high, fast flyer". He used it once when it was doing a supersonic (probably not up to M2) run westwards down the Bristol Channel in the 1970s. The problems with a speedy target are: you have to attack it from head-on; you have to resolve the radar/attack display information quickly - without a visual confirmation that it is hostile; and you have to pop up at just the right moment to launch your weapon.

OM content: he was too busy to take an OM with him...

Chris