[OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:35:12 -0800
I think that is a typical difference between a digicam and a DSLR.
Nikon is one of the few that also take a light touch with the default
sharpening on their Coolpix digicams and as a result they get constant
complaints from people who just want to print the images without
touching them and have an ill-deserved reputation for soft images. They
have misjudged the market in this case.

I think this is true of Joel as well, but I know I bought a DSLR within
6 months of getting a digicam. I think that is fairly common with
people who are used to using an SLR. Advice to people "thinking about
it", skip the bridge camera and go straight to the DSLR because the
second camera you get after getting your E-1 is likely to be different
than the one you would have gotten first.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA
http://homepage.mac.com/wincros/PhotoAlbum3.html