[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:23:16 -0500
Oh yeah.

When Arthur Grace decided to shoot the 1988 U.S. Presidential race
with Rollei TLRs, Those In The Know must have thought he was daft.
Almost all The Smart Guys shot Nikon and there was Arthur using
technology from the first half of the twentieth century that Serious
People hadn't used since the sixties.

That didn't stop him from creating what I consider the most revealing
portraits of that or any other campaign.

And we need to make a distinction between "standardization" and
"standards".  As AG pointed out, when organizations do the former,
everyone can share gear.  The latter is, as you point out, subjective
opinion masquerading as fact.

IMO of course/ScottGee1